Virtual Visits with Televisit
In order to best serve our patients and protect our staff during the COVID-19 pandemic, we are
expanding our Televisit program. We are still in our offices providing direct medical care but if
your concerns can be addressed remotely or if you would prefer not to come into the office,
just let us know and we will set up a Televisit appointment.
Additionally, please note that our Nurse Practitioner, Afshid Roozrokh, is certified in Family
Practice and is therefore qualified and available for adults that do not have an Internist or whose
Internist is not able to see them. She is in the office five days per week and is also available for
Telemedicine visits after hours and on weekends.
- If you or your child have profound difficulty breathing, call 911
- If you or your child have fever and a cough and feel medically unstable please go to the Emergency Room. Call with them on your way so that they can advise you on taking precautions before entering the ER.
- If you have fever and cough and are concerned about COVID-19 please call us. We may set
up a Televisit and we may advise you be seen.
What is Telemedicine?
- Televisits, usually used by our patients away at college or on vacation, is a natural
extension to our practice, something we’ve been using successfully to treat many patients
remotely. Just use Google Chrome or the Healow App and a compatible mobile device or
computer, and you can have a face-to-face conversation with a Doctor or Nurse
Practitioner from the convenience of your home.
You must be web-enabled on the Patient Portal to schedule a Televisit. If you are not, please
ask our receptionist to web-enable your account. You will receive an email to register for the
patient portal, and will need to register to be able to have a televisit. If you are already web-
enabled but you do not remember your username or password, please go to https://mycw154.ecwcloud.com/portal21559/jsp/100mp/login_otp.jsp click on “trouble
logging in” and you will be able to reset your password.
To use your mobile device, click on the link you received in your email, “Join this Telemed
Appointment directly”, or download the Healow app, search for our practice using this unique
code – HJBDAA, and login in with your Patient Portal credentials.
Browser compatibility for mobile devices
iPhone – Safari
Android – Chrome or Safari
How it works
- Call our office to schedule an appointment for a Televisit. After your appointment is scheduled you will receive an email confirmation with a link. You can either use the link provided in your email or the Healow app on your mobile device.
- Ten minutes before your scheduled appointment, click on the link in your email or open the Healow app on your mobile device, and fill out a brief questionnaire about your visit.
You will then be connected to a doctor or nurse practitioner via 2-way video from your computer or smartphone. Your doctor or nurse practitioner will diagnose your condition, answer your questions, and, if needed, send a prescription to your preferred pharmacy.
- Prescription availability is dependent on the doctor’s or nurse practitioner’s judgment and, if out of state, may be restricted by state regulations.
- Remote visits are a good way to get treatment for many minor medical conditions, including: acne, bites or stings, birth control pill consultations, cough, congestion, runny nose, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, fever, headaches, hives, pink eye, lice, skin infections, sprains and strains, travel medications, and much more
- If you have a medical emergency, please dial 911 immediately and do not attempt to receive treatment via a remote visit.
Telemedicine Appointment Policies
Policies for Televisit appointments are the same as in-office appointments:
- When making a Televisit, appointment fees are due at the time the appointment is scheduled.
- 10 min prior to your appointment time click on the email link you have been sent or use the healow mobile app and your mobile device to start your Televisit.
- If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, please call the office at least 2 hours ahead of appointment time to avoid any no-show fees.
- Logging onto your Televisit is the same as signing-in when in the office. If you are not online and checked in at the time of your visit, we will have to reschedule your appointment and there may be a no-show fee charged.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to call our office at 818-996-6000.